The AirMiners community continued their MRV series with an event on soil carbon monitoring reporting and verification. The webinar dove into the challenges and opportunities offered in pursuing soil carbon MRV, with an eye to how entrepreneurs can unlock the potential of the space.
- Jenette Ashtekar, Head of Product at CIBO Technologies
- Chris Tolles, CEO and Co-Founder, Yard Stick PBC
- Aadith Moorthy, CEO and Founder, Boomitra
- Radhika Moolgavkar, Head of Supply and Methodology, Nori (moderator)
Watch the webinar for a deeper understanding of monitoring, reporting and verifying soil carbon with answers to questions like:
- What is soil science MRV in the current marketplace and why is it important?
- Why is soil sampling the gold standard?
- What are the challenges each company experiences with MVR?
- How do you work with farmers and various registries and marketplaces to accept your technologies?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges in soil MRV? And with all of the attention and money have you seen an acceleration in solving these problems?
- How do you think the USDA grants from the Climate Smarts Commodities initiative will help this space grow?
- Soil carbon has critics who are concerned about the potential risk of reversal and its shorter permanence? How do you address those critiques and what are some of the ways the soil carbon industry should be approaching these concerns?
- Where do you see soil MRV heading in the next 5 years and what is the most important issue that needs to be addressed to continue growing this market?