Last Revised on November 28, 2022
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you access and/or use the Services, we may collect Information in the following categories:
• “Personal Information,” which means information that identifies you (whether directly or indirectly), such as your name, image, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and payment information.
• “Non-Personal Information,” which means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify you. If Non-Personal Information is directly or indirectly associated with Personal Information, this Non-Personal Information is then treated as Personal Information.
Information we may collect about you includes:
• Information you provide when you access or use the Services and each time you interact with the Services or otherwise with us, for example, when you use our search functionality, provide us with feedback or contact us with a question or comment, including, by way of example, your name, username, user ID, email address and other account information.
• Information you provide in public forums through the Services, including using our review, comment, post or similar functionality, when responding to surveys, polls or other similar forms, and other messages, photos, audio, video, text data, and other visual or audio content that you publicly provide, which may include your username, location, user ID, list of friends, and list of followers.
• Usage, viewing and technical data resulting from your access or use of the Services, including your IP address and computer or mobile device identifier, the browser used to access the Services, the operating system of the device used to access the Services (including system type, name and version), your internet or mobile service provider, the length of time you visit or use the Services, the referring URL or webpage that led you to the Services. If you access your account from a mobile device, that mobile device may also provide us with details of your location. Most mobile devices allow you to disable this functionality.
• Information we receive about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Services through a third-party platform or log-in, we may also collect your email address and other Information associated with that third party, and any Information you have made public in connection with that service or which the third party shares with partner services, including messages, audio, video, text, data or other visual or audio content posted on publicly available forums. See also Section 8 “THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS” below.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
• We collect Information you provide to us when you register with us; access the Services; input Information into the Services; upload user generated content; request services or information from us; refer the Services to third parties; post a referral on a third-party website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.); participate activities through the Services or those administered by or on behalf of CIBO; respond to customer surveys, polls or other data gathering requests; or otherwise interact with us or the Services.
• We collect Information through unique identifiers (such as IP address or your mobile device advertising identifier).
• Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate and use the Services. Without these cookies, the Services you have asked for, such as secure log-in and a shopping bag to store and purchase goods from us, cannot be provided.
• Performance cookies – These cookies collect Information about how you access and use the Services. These cookies don’t collect Personal Information and are only used to improve how the Services work.
• Functionality cookies – These cookies allow the Services to remember choices you make, such your preferences, to provide enhanced and more personalized features.
• Other Technologies – We may also use other Internet technologies, such as web beacons, clear GIFs, web bugs, pixel tags and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and analyze your use of the Services. We also may include similar technologies in e-mail messages to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
• Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. CIBO and the Services do not recognize DNT or respond to DNT requests.
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY CIBO
The ways in which we may use your Information include the following:
• To provide you with the Services and other products and services you request.
• To administer your CIBO account.
• To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you details or updates about features of the Services or changes to our policies.
• To, and to enable our service providers to process payments.
• To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including research, internal analysis, analytics, or other functions.
• To ensure consistency with and abide by applicable law, and to follow choices and controls that may be available to you.
• To provide you, and enable our service providers to provide you, personalized content, experiences, and advertising, including offers, promotional materials, news of CIBO and its affiliates and partners that you have consented to receive.
• To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• To optimize or improve the content, products, services, and features of the Services.
• To personalize and improve the Services and user experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests.
• To send you push notifications.
• To conduct our operations, including, for example, in the context of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings.
• To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
We will not share your Personal Information outside CIBO except in the following limited circumstances, which you consent to:
• When you request our referral services to forward or share certain content with a friend or other user of the Services, such as an email inviting a friend to use the Services, sending a message via chat functionality, or sharing certain content from the Services with a friend.
• When we provide advertisers with a hash value of your email address for the purpose of targeting advertisements.
• In connection with the sale of a business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings),
• To enforce our Terms of Service or rules; to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties; to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties; and to comply with legal process, including pursuant to a judicial warrant, rule, order or subpoena, or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or regulation, in each case, without obligation to contest such legal process.
We may also share your Personal Information with our affiliates, which may be used for their own business purposes, including marketing and promotion. In addition, we may share Non-Personal Information and anonymized and aggregated data sets with third parties, alone or in combination with the Non-Personal Information of other users, including to enable our service providers to analyze the performance of the Services and the behavior of users, to operate and improve the Services, to respond to service requests and improve customer services, and to promote and market the Services.
5. THIRD PARTIES RECEIVING INFORMATION
The following is a list of third parties that may either directly or indirectly collect Information from you in their capacity as our service provider. Please review the relevant privacy policies for further information on how each third party handles your Information:
• AWS Postgres.
• AWS S3
6. PUBLIC VENUES AND SEMI-PUBLIC VENUES OF THE SERVICES.
If you use a message board, comment function, conversation pages, blogs, social community environments, profile pages, or other public or semi-public venue or forums of the Services, you will be identified on those venues by the username you submit.
7. YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your Information. Your controls and choices may include:
• You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to remove all of your user data from our platform.
• You may update or delete your information in your Services account.
• You may change your choice to receive information from us, such as newsletters, mailing lists, other communication tools and alerts.
• You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services.
If you have questions regarding the specific Personal Information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
Please keep in mind that Information you post on public or semi-public venues, including Information you share on third-party social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party online platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. When you provide Information to a third-party online platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by that third party. The Information the third-party online platform collects is subject to the third-party online platform’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you make on the third-party online platform will not apply to our use of the Information we collect directly through our Services or that you otherwise directly provide to us.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation, actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided us with Personal Information regarding such child, you may contact us to request it be deleted.
10. DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY AND RETENTION
• Please note that Information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential Information to us. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account password, mobile device, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
12. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a user of this service and a California resident under the age of 18, you may request to have your posted content or Information removed from the publicly-viewable portion of this web site by or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In certain situations, however, content or Information cannot be removed from our systems and databases, and shall be retained by us in order to comply with applicable law, legal process and other record retention or data security requirements.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US