Software Engineer (Science and Modeling)
Who we are:
CIBO is a science-based software company focused on understanding agricultural ecosystems at a system level. We strive to solve some of our planet’s most important problems—including those related to soil health, nitrogen leaching, and carbon sequestration. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping — be prepared to learn and invent with us! Software is a creative process and we welcome non-traditional and diverse candidates to apply.
What we are building:
Our crop growth simulation delivers objective, science-driven intelligence about land at the parcel level, at a national scale and without requiring local data to be input by farmers. The science and modeling team uses Scala and Python tools to extend and improve CIBO’s crop modeling and remote sensing capabilities, apply those models at scale, and analyze the resulting data to power our land intelligence and regenerative agriculture platform.
- 1-5 years of professional experience
- Experience using one or more JVM languages (e.g., Scala, Java, Clojure, Kotlin)
- Experience with professional software engineering practices including automated testing, code review, version control, refactoring, Agile methodologies, etc.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and excellent collaboration skills
Bonus Qualifications (Not Required):
- Experience with Python, especially data and geographic libraries (e.g., pandas, shapely, etc.)
- Experience with functional programming languages (e.g., Scala, Haskell, Erlang, etc.)
- Experience with database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with cloud computing concepts and tools (e.g., AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Domain knowledge in agriculture, the biological sciences, or another natural science
- 401k with employer match
- Highly competitive health and dental benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work environment
- Flexible PTO
Currently, we are fully remote due to COVID-19. We anticipate an eventual return to our three office locations, date TBD.
- Cambridge, MA
- St. Louis, MO
- Minneapolis, MN
How to Apply
Applicants should send resumes directly to HR@CIBOtechnologies.com.