Crop / Soil Model Scientist
Who we are:
CIBO is a science-based software company focused on understanding agricultural ecosystems at a system level. We strive to solve some of our planet’s most important problems—including those related to soil health, nitrogen leaching, and carbon sequestration. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping — be prepared to learn and invent with us! Software is a creative process and we welcome non-traditional and diverse candidates to apply.
What we are building:
As a Crop/Soil Model Scientist at CIBO you’ll be part of a collaborative team of developers, data scientists, agronomists, and remote sensing experts. You will help build customer-facing applications and our core platform to create, improve, and scale agricultural models to answer some of the most critical questions of our time related to sustainable production in a changing climate. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping. CIBO is a science-based company, so prepare to learn and invent with us! Ours is a creative process and we welcome non-traditional and diverse candidates to apply.
- Solid foundation in plant physiology, crop science or soil science with particular emphasis on commercial agriculture and current agronomic best practices
- PhD in relevant discipline (preferred), or MS with equivalent experience (accepted).
- Experience with modeling crop development, growth, biotic and abiotic stresses, and yield for different economically important crops
- Programming skills in at least one data science language (Python or R preferred)
- Excellent collaboration skills
Bonus Qualifications (Not Required):
- Knowledge of soil properties and processes
- Modeling of soil-plant and landscape-level interactions
- Experience working with different crop models and approaches to apply the models in commercial agriculture
- Experience with modeling sustainability in cropping systems
- Understanding of professional software engineering, including automated testing, pair programming, refactoring, and databases
- Experience with Data Science, Bayesian statistics, math or classical statistics
- Programming skills in a functional or OO language.
- Experience with image processing, computer vision or remote sensing
- 401k with employer match
- Highly competitive health and dental benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work environment
- Flexible PTO
Currently, we are fully remote due to COVID-19. We anticipate an eventual return to our three office locations, date TBD.
- Minneapolis, MN
- St. Louis, MO
- Cambridge, MA
How to Apply
Applicants should send resumes directly to HR@CIBOtechnologies.com.