Updated 2021 estimates for corn, soybean, and cotton yields now available
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — Nov. 9, 2021 — CIBO, the science-based technology company that supports growers and enterprises on their journey to regenerative agriculture, released today updated county-level corn, soybean, and cotton yield forecasts for U.S. land.
CIBO’s estimates were timed in conjunction with the latest World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) available on November 9. Intended as an additional lens to view trends and market shifts in pricing, these forecasts are part of the company’s drive to make available the information, data and tools to help create truly sustainable farming for the future. View current county-level numbers by downloading CIBO’s County-Level Crop Yield Forecasts report.
The CIBO updated national estimates for corn, soybean, and cotton yields as of November 02, 2021, are as follows:
- National corn yield estimate: 178.0 (bu/ac)
- National soybean yield estimate: 55.0 (bu/ac)
- National cotton yield estimate: 1128.0 (lb/ac lint)
Projected crop yields from the growing season were tempered by Hurricane Ida and the drought which impacted crops across the US. Now yield estimates are improving and this is credited to the timely rains that saved the crops. Growers and agriculture decision-makers should keep a close eye as these weather events show their final damages and impact on harvest.
“A majority of the growing season was extremely dry or in drought conditions, but late-season rains have led to an improved crop. A decrease in the extent and intensity of drought conditions throughout the US has helped produce a higher potential final yield than initially estimated,” said Dustin Madison, agronomy consultant with operations in Virginia. “We’re pleasantly surprised and hope a better than expected harvest could help provide stability when it comes to food prices.”
For More Information
- View CIBO’s November 2021 U.S. County-Level Crop Yield Forecast
- Read CIBO’s blog post “Corn and Soybean Harvest is Nearly Complete” for commentary about the 2021 growing season.
- Download CIBO’s ebook “The 2020 WASDE Companion: How CIBO Adds Depth, Speed & Accuracy” for more information about CIBO’s approach to understanding yields.
- Access copies of past CIBO U.S. County-Level Crop Yield Forecast reports here.
- Contact email@example.com with questions about CIBO’s monthly, county-level crop yield forecasts and/or planting date estimates.
Founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2015, CIBO applies advanced technologies to deliver a deep understanding of agricultural systems to help mitigate climate change, advance food system resilience and improve grower outcomes through driving the adoption of sustainable practices. CIBO is a 2021 Fast Company World Changing Ideas Awards finalist and was named 2021 AgTech Breakthrough “AI-based AgTech Company of the Year.” Learn more at cibotechnologies.com.