Accounts Payable Specialist
Who we are:
CIBO is a science-based software company focused on understanding agricultural ecosystems at a system level. We strive to solve some of our planet’s most important problems—including those related to soil health, nitrogen leaching, and carbon sequestration. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping — be prepared to learn and invent with us! Software is a creative process and we welcome non-traditional and diverse candidates to apply.
What we are building:
As an Accounts Payable Specialist at CIBO you’ll be part of a collaborative team of developers, data scientists, agronomists, and remote sensing experts. You will help build customer-facing applications and our core platform to create, improve, and scale agricultural models to answer some of the most critical questions of our time related to sustainable production in a changing climate. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping. CIBO is a science-based company, so prepare to learn and invent with us! Ours is a creative process and we welcome non-traditional and diverse candidates to apply.
What does this role look like?
As the Accounts Payable Specialist, you will have opportunities to:
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank reconciliations, and documenting loans.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the financial manager.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
We value candidates who:
- Associate’s degree in accounting with relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Information management skills
- Three years of general accounting experience
- Experience with Netsuite
- 401k with employer match
- Highly competitive health and dental benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work environment
- Flexible PTO
Currently, we are fully remote due to COVID-19. We anticipate an eventual return to our office, date TBD. When we return, this position will be based in Minneapolis, MN.
How to Apply
Applicants should send resumes directly to HR@CIBOtechnologies.com.